- Michelini Center
- Portage Park
- West Town
- Wicker Park
December 4, 2018
January 31, 2019
Position Summary: This position oversees the development, implementation, evaluation and ongoing improvement of the PrimeCare care management program. This will include developing care management protocols, policies, procedures and training new and existing staff to implement the care management program. Part of the position is a direct care management role.
Position Status: This position is full-time and exempt. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is a member of the leadership team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee Nursing and Team-based Care (60%)
- Lead the establishment and review of clinical policies, practices, and procedures for the health centers.
- Supervise Clinical Nursing Supervisor, who is responsible for all day-to-day nursing functions.
- Evolve and improve team-based clinical roles of professional nurses and medical assistants to ensure optimal patient service and satisfaction.
- Develop, implement and ensure competencies of all professional nursing and medical assistant staff in their team-based clinical roles.
Lead Care Management Role (30%)
- Take on lead role in transformation by developing and evolving team-based clinical roles. Collaborate with physician lead for transformation, chief medical officer and director of quality in advancing the model of care that provides the optimal patient experience.
- Provide education for health center leaders and staff in care management/care coordination.
- Develop and implement care management/coordination protocols, policies, procedures.
- Ensure competencies of RN/LPN care managers and care coordinators for components of patient centered medical home.
- Supervise Manager of Care Coordination, who is responsible for case managers and referral coordinators.
- Supervise Care Management Supervisor, who is responsible for all Primecare care management activities.
Leadership Role (10%)
- Participate in leadership meetings and activities
- Represent PrimeCare in external settings such as MHN, the safety net learning collaborative, Great Lakes Transformation Network, etc.
- Work with hospital and other partners in developing and implementing collaborative projects to improve care to the community
- RN-Active State of Illinois License Required and Bachelor’s Degree-in nursing, public health, health care administration or related field required.
- 5-7 years of nursing total experience.
- Master’s Degree-in nursing, public health, health care administration preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in nursing education, quality, or management.
- Prior experience with patient centered medical home and ambulatory care management-preferred.
- 5 years of multi-site, ambulatory care management experience preferred.
- Prior experience with patient centered medical home implementation.
- Knowledge of third party payer rules and regulations.
- Prior experience working in an FQHC.
- Familiar patient flow processes in medical office settings.
- Ability to present information in an easily understandable manner.
- Proficient in Spanish or Polish.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with a diverse set of employees and with multiple disciplines in both clinic and administrative settings.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Must have analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must conduct yourself with integrity and treat others fairly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze health care operations and make creative improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team based environment, and to lead and motivate teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to establish strong working relationships and to communicate effectively.
- Ability to communicate in a confidential and HIPAA compliant manner.
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries with all staff, trainees, and patients at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate respect and sensitivity for cultural diversity, gender differences, and sexual orientation of patients and coworkers.
Benefits include PTO, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Coverage, Life/AD&D, 403(b), paid holidays.