November 27, 2018
December 31, 2018
The Patient Enrollment and Access Specialist will coordinate financial assessments of patients, bridge enrollment to empanelment, and assist with clinical access for PrimeCare clients.
- Provide enrollment assistance (including, but not limited to, completing coverage applications, gathering required documentation, and troubleshooting the enrollment process) for uninsured children and adults to access subsidized, low-cost, and free health insurance programs through the Health Insurance Marketplace, Medicaid, and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Manage Medicaid Presumptive Eligibility and All Kids programs for patients.
- Enroll patients in, and maintain, PrimeCare’s Financial Assistance program.
- Empanel patients to medical home provider panels, based on direction from Manager of Enrollment, incorporating health plan enrollment roster information, patient utilization history, provider-weighted panel size, and patient preference.
- Provide structured patient education on health coverage, engage in follow-up conversations, and offer renewal assistance for enrolled individuals.
- Work with patients and billing staff to troubleshoot and resolve billing issues.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Public Health, Health Education, or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience working with large and/or diverse client populations and low-income families and individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines and goals, and maintain documentation, according to required state and federal laws and regulations.
- May require some non-traditional hours, including limited evening and weekend hours.
Benefits include PTO, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Coverage, Life/AD&D, 403(b), paid holidays