December 17, 2018
January 9, 2019
The Registration Clerk acts as the first point of contact for patients when they enter the site and performs all clerical duties related to patients during both the check-in and the check-out process. The Registration Clerk is responsible for monitoring appointments and patient flow to minimize wait times, answering telephones, scheduling appointments, collecting data, completing reports, and performing all duties, as requested by the Practice Manager. Registration Clerks might be asked to train in other positions for the purpose of familiarity of all functions of processing patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Opens doors at the scheduled hours and removes lab boxes from the front door and places in the lab.
- Greets patients in a friendly manner, giving PrimeCare’s standard greeting.
- Registers patients according to guidelines for appointments/walk-ins.
- Verifies and corrects insurance discrepancies for the next day.
- Ensures reminder calls are made and documented in Electronic Health Record (EMR).
- Annually advises patients of privacy rights, collects patient signature for HIPAA Privacy, Consent, and Demographic forms which are then scanned into the EHR. Offers the patient a copy of the HIPAA Privacy form.
- Completes demographic form and/or verifies existing demographic information at each visit.
- Collects appropriate co-pays and/ or payments.
- Explains Financial Assistance to patients as appropriate.
- Counts cash each night and closes and locks clinic, as appropriate, and sets the alarm if the last employee to leave
- Orders office supplies during the last week of each month and gives to the Practice Manager.
- Models Prime Care’s mission and values.
- Demonstrates professionalism in appearance, attitude, behavior, and communication.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area that is a safe, secure, and effective environment for staff, patients, and visitors.
- Demonstrates initiative, and plans and organizes work.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and demonstrates professional courtesy to patients and coworkers.
- Handles patient inquiries, and directs any concerns/complaints to the Practice Manager.
- Rotates to other clinics as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned by a member of the Site Leadership Team.
- High School diploma, G.E.D., or work experience commensurate with work experience.
- Two(2) years’ previous medical office experience (preferred).
- Previous computer experience, particularly with an EHR and/or Microsoft Office products.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Polish required
- Strong communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) and is eligible for all benefits.